Gallery‎ > ‎2009‎ > ‎

Grill Fire with Exposure

posted May 15, 2010, 5:04 PM by Princeton Junction   [ updated Nov 23, 2010, 4:36 PM ]
The volunteers of Princeton Junction Fire Company and West Windsor Fire Company were dispatched to a grill on fire with possible exposure to the dwelling at 8:28 PM on Friday, August 21, 2009.  Members quickly assembled at the firehouse and manned the apparatus.  While apparatus was enroute to the scene, they were advised by local dispatch that the fire had been extinguished.  Engine 44 arrived on location and check the rear of the residence where the fire was reported with their Thermal Imaging Camera.  A portion of the siding on the residence had begun to melt, so crews removed some of the siding to check for any possible extension.  It was determined that an aerosol can of cooking spray had fallen below the grill and the heat from the grill caused the can to explode.  Crews also determined that the fire had not spread to the residence and units cleared a short while later.

PicasaWeb Slideshow


Comments